formatted my secondary hardrive

datagonee

formatted my secondary hardrive

Post by datagonee »

hello everyone, i accidentally formatted my secondary hardrive, if i use a file recovery software does it gonna overwrite the files if i choose the same disk as target or not because i dont have another drive and i dont want to lose the data on the disk.
ddrecovery
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Re: formatted my secondary hardrive

Post by ddrecovery »

You cannot use the same drive. You will effectively be overwriting the very data you are trying to save.
ChristianMorris

Post by ChristianMorris »

It is possible that using a file recovery software on the same disk that you accidentally formatted could overwrite some of the data that you are trying to recover. To minimize the risk of this happening, you should stop using the disk as soon as possible and try to recover the data to a different location, such as a USB drive or a cloud service. If you do not have another drive available, it would be best to consult with a professional data recovery service, as they will have the tools and expertise to recover your data without causing further damage to the disk.
LarrySabo
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Post by LarrySabo »

Based on posts on another forum, Christian Morris is obviously a ChatGPT bot and should be banned.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

LarrySabo wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:43 pm Based on posts on another forum, Christian Morris is obviously a ChatGPT bot and should be banned.
Done.