myCCTV vs hxdvr

Discussions about SysDev's UFS Explorer and R-Explorer
https://www.ufsexplorer.com/ (professional data recovery software)
https://www.r-explorer.com/ (more simple version of UFS Explorer)
lcoughey
Site Admin

myCCTV vs hxdvr

Post by lcoughey »

I've been using hxdvr for several years and have had a lot of success with it. But, the last two cases have been with SWANN CCTVs where hxdvr just can't seem to get good results, even though it says it supports SWANN. My latest case is an odd one where the system recorded a fire within 10 hours of the installation of the CCTV. So, there is only about 22GB even written to the the 1TB drive.

hxdvr - even after leaving to scan the first 45,000,000 sectors over the weekend, it was only 20% of the way through this morning. When I stopped it, it had only 3 of 4 camera's showing and was nowhere near complete

myCCTV - I ran the scan for a couple minutes, long enough for the app to find the file structure, quit the scan and had access to all the video almost imediately. The built-in player was very handy to test and verify that we had everything and that the videos worked before saving the video content out.

This said, both developers are very good with support, in my experience. The hxdvr developer offered to look at it for me over the weekend, but, because of a 12 hour time difference, we weren't able to make that work. I will give him an opportunity to take a look to see if he can use this case to improve his software.

Both programs have a single use license, which can be handy if you don't see a lot of CCTV / DVR recovery cases, but because hxdvr has an unlimited license (with 5 years of updates) as an option that I have already paid for in the past, it will likely be my default app to try first. But, I'd say that the speed and interface of myCCTV makes it a clear winner in this case.

Hey, myCCTV is so good, it even recovered recordings of the system being tested at the factory in China. (technically, hxdvr found this too in the partial scan)
Attachments
DVR-Factory-Testing.jpg
DVR-Factory-Testing.jpg (99.39 KiB) Viewed 4541 times
ddrecovery
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Re: myCCTV vs hxdvr

Post by ddrecovery »

I used to be a big fan of HXDVR and his support was great. I have recommended him numerous times to people on other forums. I have a couple of insurance companies who specialize in fire damage cases and use me for DVR recoveries so I use it a lot. I have the Enterprise version. Until myCCTV came on the market it was the only reasonably priced option out there.

I have tried to contact HXDVR several times recently for support for DVR types that were not in the database. However I never get a response from him anymore. This is a Skype enquiry from June 6th and June 12th that he never replied to. And considering I am an Enterprise user it is pretty bad support not to even respond.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (28.64 KiB) Viewed 4530 times
Last edited by ddrecovery on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

That is odd. My only issue with seeking support with HXDVR is because of the 12 hour time difference, which means that support runs over a few days, rather than right away.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

Zuo from hxdvr has taken a look at the case and is working on an update. Up until now, I haven't even been able to get through a partial drive scan with hxdvr. I'll be sure to report back after the update is released and tested with this case.