Disk Drill Review. A waste of time and money.

A place to discuss pretty much anything related to storage, computers, data recovery or technology.
Joep
Official Product Rep

Disk Drill Review. A waste of time and money.

Post by Joep »

https://www.disktuna.com/disk-drill-rev ... this-time/

Losing data is often a significant interruption. Recovering data with as minimal fuzz as possible is then desired. The file recovery software should be easy to use, quick and preferably recovers the complete directory structure and file names. At too many points Disk Drill fails to meet these requirements. My conclusion is that Disk Drill (Windows) isn’t worth your time or money.
http://www.disktuna.com - video & photo repair & recovery service
lcoughey
Site Admin

Re: Disk Drill Review. A waste of time and money.

Post by lcoughey »

Excellent review...the Mac version is equally as bad. A drive where all other programs have a file tree almost as fast as you can open them, takes forever to have only a partial file tree with DiskDrill.
Iurii
Official Product Rep

Post by Iurii »

Hello Joep,
What you think about our low-end data recovery software https://www.sysdevlabs.com/product.php?id=rxs6
It is only 39.95 Euro. Please check it price-quality ratio ;)
ddrecovery
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Post by ddrecovery »

I have used it a couple of times. The only thing it's really good for is finding some more unusual RAW files.
LarrySabo

Post by LarrySabo »

I hope you are referring to Disk Drill and not R-explorer?
ddrecovery wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:13 pm I have used it a couple of times. The only thing it's really good for is finding some more unusual RAW files.
Iurii
Official Product Rep

Post by Iurii »

LarrySabo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:32 pm I hope you are referring to Disk Drill and not R-explorer?
ddrecovery wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:13 pm I have used it a couple of times. The only thing it's really good for is finding some more unusual RAW files.
RAW files useless in case of fragmentation. Only HFS+ gives so good defragmentation that most of files not fragmented. In the most cases we have fragmented files. So Recovery Explorer Standard for 39.95 Euro, will be much better. Check it yourself.
ddrecovery

Post by ddrecovery »

Iurii wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:57 pm
LarrySabo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:32 pm I hope you are referring to Disk Drill and not R-explorer?
RAW files useless in case of fragmentation. Only HFS+ gives so good defragmentation that most of files not fragmented. In the most cases we have fragmented files. So Recovery Explorer Standard for 39.95 Euro, will be much better. Check it yourself.
I was referring to the original post about DiskDrill, hence no quotes.
I use both versions of UFS Explorer Pro (old and new) and it is a fantastic product.
Joep
Official Product Rep

Post by Joep »

Hello Joep,
What you think about our low-end data recovery software https://www.sysdevlabs.com/product.php?id=rxs6
It is only 39.95 Euro. Please check it price-quality ratio ;)
Hi Iurii,

I think I tried it at some point, but that was years ago. Maybe that was Raise, that's your software too, right? FWIW, I always liked your software. However I can imagine people getting confused because you have so many, which at least at first glance all seem to offer overlapping feature sets. But that's just y 2 cents.
http://www.disktuna.com - video & photo repair & recovery service
Iurii
Official Product Rep

Post by Iurii »

Joep wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:48 pm Hi Iurii,

I think I tried it at some point, but that was years ago. Maybe that was Raise, that's your software too, right? FWIW, I always liked your software. However I can imagine people getting confused because you have so many, which at least at first glance all seem to offer overlapping feature sets. But that's just y 2 cents.
Hi Joep,
We made a lot for last 2 years:) You should look for newer software: https://www.sysdevlabs.com/store.php , that include data recovery from NAS over LAN, footage recovery from CCTV and car's camcorders/DVR, JPEG recovery and new version 7 of UFS Explorer. We have more units that before, but it less confusing.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

I can see where joep is coming from. Many of us were very confused about which version of the software we were supposed to get. Now, with the rebranding of RAISE to R-Explorer and stating that UFS Explorer is for professionals while R-Explorer is a more simple version of the program designed for end users, without the advanced features, it should help clear the air.

I still find all the different variations a little confusing. The comparison tables should help users make sense of things.