DFL update to V1.810 released

Dolphin Data Lab's data recovery hardware discussions and support
https://www.dolphindatalab.com/
lcoughey
Site Admin

DFL update to V1.810 released

Post by lcoughey »

I am not a DFL user, but got a notification email this morning with their latest update. One thing that grabbed my attention is the following:
Meanwhile, head temperature adjustment feature for Seagate DM series drive can help us do disk imaging or data retrieval directly without swap the original weak head, it is very powerful, useful and convenient.
This is a feature that I don't believe is available with PC3000 and was only aware of being slightly possible with tweaking within MRT. So, in theory, if this truly works, it might be enough to justify having an DFL system around to handle such cases...though, I'm seeing them less frequently these days.
LarrySabo
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Re: DFL update to V1.810 released

Post by LarrySabo »

I'm aware of that feature but have never tried it. If/when I do, I'll provide some feedback.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

That would be good, thanks.
pclab

Post by pclab »

I still have to see it in action too.

Remember that now the updates are paid.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

pclab wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:34 am I still have to see it in action too.

Remember that now the updates are paid.
Have you sold yours yet?
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

Anyone familiar with tweaking AFH-1 and AFH-2 settings at all? It is my understanding that they play a role with this feature. It would be nice to be able to manipulate them via terminal.
LarrySabo

Post by LarrySabo »

pclab wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:34 am Remember that now the updates are paid.
Just to clarify, the free updates that come with the product are good for 3 years. After that, renewal costs $200 USD for another three years. I was lucky because my SRP All-in-One purchase was not yet 3 years ago.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

LarrySabo wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:11 pm
pclab wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:34 am Remember that now the updates are paid.
Just to clarify, the free updates that come with the product are good for 3 years. After that, renewal costs $200 USD for another three years. I was lucky because my SRP All-in-One purchase was not yet 3 years ago.
If you cannot afford $200USD for 3 years of updates, you might want to reconsider offering data recovery as a service.
LarrySabo

Post by LarrySabo »

lcoughey wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:13 pm If you cannot afford $200USD for 3 years of updates, you might want to reconsider offering data recovery as a service.
Absolutely. I think it's a real bargain, especially as in addition to continuous program updates, it also entitles you to free remote support from DFL on occasion, and participation in their user forum. (I'm not sure to whom your comment was directed Luke; hopefully not me.) :roll:
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

LarrySabo wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:21 pm Absolutely. I think it's a real bargain, especially as in addition to continuous program updates, it also entitles you to free remote support from DFL on occasion, and participation in their user forum.
Yes, a great bargain. Especially when compared to the fees for PC3000, which is also well worth it.
(I'm not sure to whom your comment was directed Luke; hopefully not me.) :roll:
It wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Just a blanket statement. Though, when I look at your prices... :shock: