Weird File Saving Error

Discuss R-Studio and other products by R-TT
lcoughey
Site Admin

Weird File Saving Error

Post by lcoughey »

I'm saving out more than 2.5 TB from a RAID 0 with a block size of 1 sector. R-Studio copied out all data, except about 50 GB (a significant amount) of various sub folders which reported the following error:
Recovery File {file name and path on destination} failed. Invalid password.
It makes no sense, as I can easily access the files within R-Studio itself, the file system is NTFS on the source and destination and the destination is exFAT (not my choice). I'm using R-Explorer to copy the missed files, but I'm curious to know what that error message supposed to mean.
Joep
Official Product Rep

Re: Weird File Saving Error

Post by Joep »

But what if you write to NTFS, just for the heck of it?
http://www.disktuna.com - video & photo repair & recovery service
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

It might have worked, though it should have worked with FAT32, seeing that it worked with R-Explorer. I didn't want to waste a lot of time messing around, as the client wanted their data back sooner than later. I'll be sure to report, if I encounter the same issue in the future.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

It might have worked, though it should have worked with FAT32, seeing that it worked with R-Explorer. I didn't want to waste a lot of time messing around, as the client wanted their data back sooner than later. I'll be sure to report, if I encounter the same issue in the future.