iPhone 5 Data Recovery

lcoughey
Site Admin

iPhone 5 Data Recovery

Post by lcoughey »

End user dropped their phone in water. After drying out, the phone would only power on to an Apple logo. We were able to get the phone to power on correctly, but it would reset itself every few minutes...not long enough to run a full backup or scan with data recovery software. In order to recover the photos, we needed to wait until the phone detected and use iPhoto to manually copy off a small number of photos at at time. When the phone resets, wewould manually figure out where we left off and continue to the copy procedures.

The entire process took 2 days and the cost to the end user was $350.
Jared
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Re: iPhone 5 Data Recovery

Post by Jared »

This is why I keep saying I'm gonna quit doing phone recoveries. The price/time ratio makes them far from profitable.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

I suppose you could say that, but I'm quite pleased to have helped make a happy client and still make a few bucks while doing it. I get a lot of referrals from Apple and don't mind having to work a little harder from time to time to keep those referrals coming my way.
kinglawrence

Post by kinglawrence »

There is one "free with limitations" program I know of which claims to be able to recover iPhone data. The limitation is 1GB of data, which I'm guessing would be more than enough ...

Ternorshare iPhone 5 Data Recovery Mac

It does seem though to be aimed at the backups made by iTunes when synching an Iphone with said program. If you don't use iTunes with your iPhone, then it's probably gonna be a professional recovery which will set you back a few quid.

I don't usually post links to commercial software, but in this case, you don't have many avenues to explore, so it may help.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

kinglawrence wrote:I don't usually post links to commercial software, but in this case, you don't have many avenues to explore, so it may help.
A quick google search has shown to me that this is not true, but I'll let the post slide, for now.
Jared
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Post by Jared »

Yeah, Tenorshare has been spamming my forum as well. It's a shame that these companies hire spammy SEO companies to link build on forums like this instead of having a real rep join and have meaningful interaction with the data recovery pros. Makes me really respect the guys at companies like R-tt, Recuva, and even UFS for keeping it real.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

Jared wrote:Yeah, Tenorshare has been spamming my forum as well. It's a shame that these companies hire spammy SEO companies to link build on forums like this instead of having a real rep join and have meaningful interaction with the data recovery pros. Makes me really respect the guys at companies like R-tt, Recuva, and even UFS for keeping it real.
I get a lot of people who as for software recommendations...I frequently recommend R-Studio, but would never recommend Tenorshare because of their spamming methods. There seems to be way to much deception in the data recovery world, both with data recovery labs and software companies.
rahul123

Post by rahul123 »

My friend lost all his data from iphone 5s and he used Stellar data recovery software. He was very happy with their services as they regained all their data. Though he was apprehensive before but he is fully satisfied as he got the results.

Moderator note: This is a fake posting by a spammer for Stellar. As a data recovery professional, I have yet to find a Stellar program that works as advertised, so if you choose to use their software, do so at your own risk.
Mubasshir

Post by Mubasshir »

For iPhone data recovery there is a amazing recovery tool Disk Drill from [link removed by admin]
The recovery rate is quite faster and it has iPhone data backup function too.

[Moderator note]Disk Drill is a comapany who spams forum threads to trick people into thinking that they make good programs.
huimu

Post by huimu »

Please don't worry, to recover data from iPhone 5, you can ask iPhone data recover tool. It can easily recover lost or deleted data like contacts, text messages, photos, music, video, etc from iTunes or iClouds.