Possibly Impossible Data Retrieval Scenarios

Got a data recovery situation and have a question? This is where to ask.
mynameisruin

Possibly Impossible Data Retrieval Scenarios

Post by mynameisruin »

Hi,

Lay person here. I'm looking for some advice on getting old text messages back for two separate situations. It may be impossible, but they're important to me so I would like to try.

First, I have an old phone with a broken screen. There's a text thread I'd like to pull from it. I tried downloading some services like Dr. Fone to retrieve them, but it's a free government phone, a Moxee m2160 MH-T6000, and none of those work with that phone.

The second issue is a bit more tricky. I don't have the same phone or phone number, but I think at least some of the text messages may have been saved to my google account, and I still have the same one. This is extra tricky, because the messages I want from this time period, I was deleting them off this phone before I lost it. Like I said, probably impossible, but they're important so I want to try.

Bonus question, I want to go back about a year in a text message thread on an android phone. Is there a faster way to navigate this in the messages app, or maybe a way to export the text thread as a .xml or .doc file?

Thank you for your patience with my ignorance.