RapidSpar Update V3.25 is Now Available

Discuss RapidSpar Imager - http://www.rapidpar.com/
lcoughey
Site Admin

RapidSpar Update V3.25 is Now Available

Post by lcoughey »

We have just released a major software & firmware update. As always, please use rsasetup.exe to install it. Users of USB Add-on should also go to the USB Add-on menu from RSA and press Update. In addition to a large number of minor improvements, the following major changes have been introduced.

New Target-only Mode
This mode is used to save previously recovered files with a turned off or disconnected source drive. Turning off the source drive whenever it's not being used is a good idea because an idling drive may start self-scan operations, causing unnecessary stress. Here is the new recommended process for typical cases:

Connect your Source & Target drives, run RapidNebula diagnostics, and start a new project. (Unchanged.)
Load the file tree, select the files you need, and press Recover. (Unchanged.)
Once it's done, turn off the source drive, either from RSA or from the RapidSpar device.
A few seconds later RSA will ask if you want to switch to target-only mode. Press Yes.
Keeping your same file selection, press Save. The source drive will be off while files are saved from target.
In target-only mode, any unprocessed (unattempted) sectors will be filled with a repeating <unprocessed> pattern and any skipped/errored sectors will be filled with <unreadable>.

This mode can also be used to save previously recovered files in case the source drive suffers a serious failure part of the way through recovery. Projects can now be loaded with "target-only mode" checked, in which case the project loads without the source drive.

Improved USB Connectivity & Stability
The entire mechanism of USB connectivity between the RapidSpar device and the PC has been reworked to improve stability & connectivity on a wider range of PCs. There should also be a lot less intermittent errors like "Control write/read message failed" and similar, as they were usually a result of USB connectivity issues. Some PCs will also see a substantial speed improvement when saving files.

USB Add-on is Out of Beta
A large number of USB Add-on bugs and minor issues have been resolved in this update, officially taking the USB Add-on out of beta. Please contact us if you still run into any problems or notice unusual behavior.

As always, please don't hesitate to reply to this email in case you have any questions or concerns.
CrazyTeeka
Lurker

Re: RapidSpar Update V3.25 is Now Available

Post by CrazyTeeka »

Target-only Mode is a great addition to the RapidSpar.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

CrazyTeeka wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:44 am Target-only Mode is a great addition to the RapidSpar.
It is a feature that is pretty much essential with data recovery.
CrazyTeeka
Lurker

Post by CrazyTeeka »

Starting diagnostics on USB drives currently does not automatically turn on USB drive power as it does for SATA drives. For the time being please manually turn on drive power from RSA prior to starting USB diagnostics. This will be fixed by the end of the day on Monday when V3.26 is released.
V3.26 has been released.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

CrazyTeeka wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:02 pm V3.26 has been released.
Just a few bug fixes.
hvd
Lurker

Post by hvd »

Hello Admin
I just bought a used RapidSpar + Add USB, normally I will receive it next week. I saw you put the version info 3.26 Jul 24, 2019 . We are 2022 that he has another version for 3 years?

Thanks
PC-3000 Express
PC-3000 Flash
MRT Express offline version
Rapidspar + USB Add-on and USB Add-on Pro
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

I'm not sure if there were further software updates to their windows application as they have been working with R-Studio in integrating all the functions within the tech version.

I believe that there is always tweaking and updating done on their RepidNebula server, but you'd really need to ask them for more details.
hvd
Lurker

Post by hvd »

Thank you for your reply.

I have UFS Explorer Pro but not R-Studio Technician.
I still have 4 months of RepidNebula to try.
PC-3000 Express
PC-3000 Flash
MRT Express offline version
Rapidspar + USB Add-on and USB Add-on Pro