UFS Explorer Feature Requests & Bug Reports

Discussions about SysDev's UFS Explorer and R-Explorer
https://www.ufsexplorer.com/ (professional data recovery software)
https://www.r-explorer.com/ (more simple version of UFS Explorer)
Joep
Official Product Rep

Re: UFS Explorer Feature Requests & Bug Reports

Post by Joep »

1) This is "nonsense" if you replace MB/GB/TB with LBA
Exactly, that's what I suggest, replace it, put size in properties sheet. With LBA values in one view an experienced tech can easily tell if partition tables make sense. It's always where my eyes go first, offset + LBA size should take you to next partition without having to convert GB to LBA. That's what I consider usability, nothing to do with cosmetic. Do what you want with it, it's a request.
http://www.disktuna.com - video & photo repair & recovery service
300ddr
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Post by 300ddr »

Can you fix html reports on Mac? Trying to make html report causes UFS to crash/quit (at least on 10.15).
sdl
Official Product Rep

Post by sdl »

lcoughey wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:30 pm [*]Prompt to add DeepSpar project ID when one isn't already set
- This function doesn't exist in DRE so I assume it can't be set via specific network call (DRE asks to use "DDI intrface" directly). In this state UFS Explorer can access "DDI terminal", so you can do this via UFS Explorer by connecting terminal and setting Project ID.
If one day DeepSpar will implement this function as direct call over network, we will be able to implement it in UFS Explorer.
Last edited by sdl on Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sdl
Official Product Rep

Post by sdl »

300ddr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:58 am Can you fix html reports on Mac? Trying to make html report causes UFS to crash/quit (at least on 10.15).
This sounds like problem of saving HTML reports from HFS+ file system that was fixed in version 8.10 or 8.9 (problem reason - CRT API specifics, no NULL-check where it is checked under other OSes).
In your case, is this issue reproducible with the latest software version?
300ddr
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Post by 300ddr »

Thank you, confirmed fixed!
sdl wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:39 am
300ddr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:58 am Can you fix html reports on Mac? Trying to make html report causes UFS to crash/quit (at least on 10.15).
This sounds like problem of saving HTML reports from HFS+ file system that was fixed in version 8.10 or 8.9 (problem reason - CRT API specifics, no NULL-check where it is checked under other OSes).
In your case, is this issue reproducible with the latest software version?
sdl
Official Product Rep

Post by sdl »

lcoughey wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:30 pm On file duplicate message, add option to keep most recent
In version 8.12 there will be option to pre-configure copying as "Replace if new file was modified later"
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

sdl wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:09 am In version 8.12 there will be option to pre-configure copying as "Replace if new file was modified later"
Cool. You guys rock!
CrazyTeeka
Lurker

Post by CrazyTeeka »

When I use IntelliRAW Rules Editor to make some custom rules. I would like you to add support for 5 bytes for "Size defined at file start as". I think 4 bytes is too limited when we are dealing with video files over 4GB. Because only 4 bytes of the 5 bytes are being read UFS Explorer thinks its a 2.30GB file. It's not seeing the 5th byte at the start which is important.
Attachments
Web-M.zip
(257 Bytes) Downloaded 846 times
sdl
Official Product Rep

Post by sdl »

Hello,
There is selection of field size. Typically, when field max value exceeds 32bit, there is used 64bit field (e.g. QTFF format uses 64bit for 32bit overflow). If 64bit fields looks reasonable, you may simply select 64bit (little- or big-endian) for field type.
CrazyTeeka
Lurker

Post by CrazyTeeka »

I've cracked it. By pointing the rule that reads the filesize to start one byte back and reading 4 bytes from that point, then multiplying (x) it by 256 and adding (+) 300, I've had better success. I end up with the full 11GB test webm video file padded with a few 00's on the end. It works fine for smaller sizes of webm video files as well. Pretty much a tested and working custom rule.
Attachments
Web-M.zip
Version 2
(256 Bytes) Downloaded 898 times