CANT RECOVERY MY FILes

Discuss Seagate hard drives, their issues and data recovery.
karim2114

CANT RECOVERY MY FILes

Post by karim2114 »

Please HELP ME, I used my external hard drive SEAGATE (PN 1TEAPS-500) to install Windows 10 on my pc, to my great surprise my hard drive is formatted and became 32go while it is 1to, I formatted it again and recover the 1to. Now when I launch the recovery I can't find my old data, I only have the system file of win10. Lost all my life :? :? :?
lcoughey
Site Admin

Re: CANT RECOVERY MY FILes

Post by lcoughey »

This is not a very good situation. Pretty much any data that was stored within the first 32GB of your hard drive will have been overwritten. Reformatting again would only add insult to injury.

The only files you will be able to recover will be those that were stored on the drive outside of the areas overwritten. You likely won't be able to recover any file or folder structure, but may be able to recover some RAW files by file type (ie, DOCX, PDF, JGP) with a decent data recovery program, just be 100% certain that nothing more is written back to the drive, saving the recovered files to another drive.

This type of case should be under $500 by most data recovery professionals, assuming that your data is valuable enough that you want professional assistance.
karim2114

Post by karim2114 »

I have used several recovery softwares, but none of them managed to find at least one file of the old data (photos, videos), apart from the professionals, is there a way that I can try? a precise software (even paying), a technique?
I thank you in advance.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

What software did you use? We have a list of companies to avoid because they are garbage spammers.

You might want to try Raise Data Recovery, as it has a simple step-by-step approach.
karim2114

Post by karim2114 »

ok ok I'll try that
karim2114

Post by karim2114 »

I have recovered only the windows installation files
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

Either you are doing something wrong or you overwrote all your files.