Data Recovery and Partition for Xbox 360

A place to post photos of data recovery disasters and to discuss unusual data recovery cases.
hunter13698

Data Recovery and Partition for Xbox 360

Post by hunter13698 »

Okay, so I'm in a little bit of a predicament. I had a very important (far) Minecraft world that I spent literal years working on. About two years ago that world got corrupted and it was lost. My world appeared to be deleted and I could not find it anywhere. So I recently thought about attempting to recover it through some sort of data recovery software, so I removed the HDD out of the Xbox and plugged it into my computer internally. I ran YupTools Partition Recovery and Stellar Data Recovery to recover some files and nothing seemed to really show up. Not sure if the next thing I did was very smart but I went into windows partition manager and assigned the drive to a letter, without formatting it. This caused the file format to list as RAW instead of NTFS or whatnot. This did yield much more results in Stellar Data Recovery but I didn't pay for the license yet, without knowing if it's going to even work, but I don't have a clue how to find 1 Minecraft world in all of the files it previewed for me. So my plan was to put the drive back into the Xbox 360 to copy one of the worlds off onto a flash drive just to see what the file looks like but now the Xbox doesn't even recognize the drive. This probably has to do with assigning the drive a letter in windows partition manager so not sure what to do about that. Mabey it's possible to change the drive to the correct partition without formatting? (I have other things on this drive to...)
Just let me know what the right course of action might be.
Thanks.