getdatafornNTFS st3 save how convert or open recover data

A place to discuss pretty much anything related to storage, computers, data recovery or technology.
khushsidhu

getdatafornNTFS st3 save how convert or open recover data

Post by khushsidhu »

hi senior
my friends install windows 10 on my laptop unfortunately E and D drive format and one drive become c only i used apps GetdataBackforNTFS data recovery spent 6 to 7 hours on laptop for recover processing time . i recovered data but in ST3 file format plz help me how can i open jpg and mp4 or word file???plz help thanking you sidhu
lcoughey
Site Admin

Re: getdatafornNTFS st3 save how convert or open recover data

Post by lcoughey »

Your first step should be to get a full sector-by-sector clone of the drive and make sure nothing further is written back to the original. Then, after you get the clone completed, connect the clone to another system that has the data recovery software you wish to scan the drive with installed. I recommend using R-Studio or Raise Data Recovery.

No data recovery program is going to be able to under the overwriting, so any file that has been overwritten is permanently lost. You may have major issues recovering your files if encryption was enabled prior to the install.

If your data is of value, it is probably wise to seek professional assistance.
ViggenAJ37

Re: getdatafornNTFS st3 save how convert or open recover data

Post by ViggenAJ37 »

For the record, I've used Raise Data Recovery to do that when I was in the same situation, and it did the job just fine!