DDI support with UFS Explorer

Discussions about SysDev's UFS Explorer and R-Explorer
https://www.ufsexplorer.com/ (professional data recovery software)
https://www.r-explorer.com/ (more simple version of UFS Explorer)
lcoughey
Site Admin

DDI support with UFS Explorer

Post by lcoughey »

I've had the pleasure of getting an early preview of UFS Explorer's upcoming updated version with DeepSpar Disk Imager support. With the updated version, we can connect to one or more DDI systems over the network, as we would with DRE and R-Studio. With the feature to change the cache size for the drive to 1M, it loads responds very fast. Obviously, the condition of the patient drive will have an overall effect on things.

As it seems that R-Studio hasn't done anything more with their DeepSpar support over the past couple years, I'm hopeful that UFS will eventually add the ability for us to save damaged files out to a separate split folder, as we do with PC3000 DE.

UFS is represented here on the forum. So, if you have any feedback or feature requests, feel free to post here and I'm sure that Yuriy will respond.
ddrecovery
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Re: DDI support with UFS Explorer

Post by ddrecovery »

lcoughey wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:50 pm I've had the pleasure of getting an early preview of UFS Explorer's upcoming updated version with DeepSpar Disk Imager support. With the updated version, we can connect to one or more DDI systems over the network, as we would with DRE and R-Studio. With the feature to change the cache size for the drive to 1M, it loads responds very fast. Obviously, the condition of the patient drive will have an overall effect on things.

As it seems that R-Studio hasn't done anything more with their DeepSpar support over the past couple years, I'm hopeful that UFS will eventually add the ability for us to save damaged files out to a separate split folder, as we do with PC3000 DE.

UFS is represented here on the forum. So, if you have any feedback or feature requests, feel free to post here and I'm sure that Yuriy will respond.
Great news. Well done Yuriy.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

I didn't catch this right away and thought I share with everyone. UFS not only interfaces with DDI within the windows app, it also works with the Mac OS and Linux version of the app too. R-Studio had a 2-3 years head start and UFS has already surpassed them within 2 months of starting to look into integration with DDI.

Great job Yuriy!
Skyclad
Lurker

Post by Skyclad »

lcoughey wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:52 pm I didn't catch this right away and thought I share with everyone. UFS not only interfaces with DDI within the windows app, it also works with the Mac OS and Linux version of the app too. R-Studio had a 2-3 years head start and UFS has already surpassed them within 2 months of starting to look into integration with DDI.

Great job Yuriy!
I've always preferred UFS to R-Studio even if it seemed a little lacking with the NTFS file system. However for me it is the best data recovery program especially for not very common and complex file systems, RAID systems and for the fantastic opportunity to interface with DDI, and import DE maps and other cloning tools.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

UFS has improved drastically over the past few years, leaving R-Studio in their wake. R-Studio is still good and is still used frequently here, but is now second to UFS.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

A new update is coming soon with even more functions to control DeepSpar from within UFS Explorer.