Corrupt File Finder

A place to discuss disk imaging and cloning software and hardware.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Corrupt File Finder

Post by lcoughey »

Ever get a drive cloned with bad sectors, but don't have a way to know which files are good or bad? Corrupt File Finder was just released and will likely improve over time. For about $30 USD, how can you go wrong?

https://www.morde.pt/Products/CFF/
LarrySabo
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Re: Corrupt File Finder

Post by LarrySabo »

It came to $49 CAD for me. (Hey, this is a Canadian site, right?)

And it is FAST!
My test job just completed: Scanned 668 Files, 92 Folders ( 556GB) in 1 hr 30 min. 28 sec. and found 68 Files corrupted files (45.3GB) which were moved to a Corrupted files folder. AMAZING! System is Win10 Pro x64, Core i7 @ 3.4Ghz, 8GB memory.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

Yes, this is a Canadian site.

Fast is relative. If you don't have the power of PC3000 or DeepSpar which can verify the files against their image map in a matter of minutes, 90 minutes is fast.

Generally speaking, I don't need this program, but it may prove useful in verifying RAID cases after the fact. So, I do plan to buy it.

One thing that it doesn't do, to the best of my knowledge, is keep the folder tree when moving the damaged files to the damaged folder. It might not be too bad if only a few files are damaged, but it will be a nightmare if you have a few thousand files, from different folders, with the same names repeated. I've passed my thoughts on to Miguel, but it is my understanding that it might be a little to complicated to program at this point.
LarrySabo

Post by LarrySabo »

He could leave the damaged files in their original folders, append ".bad" to corrupted files, then use Snap2HTML to list just the "bad" files. I believe he has plans to integrate Snap2HTML with the program but I don't know just how or what his plan is.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

LarrySabo wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:48 pm He could leave the damaged files in their original folders, append ".bad" to corrupted files, then use Snap2HTML to list just the "bad" files. I believe he has plans to integrate Snap2HTML with the program but I don't know just how or what his plan is.
I didn't realize that you could filter snap2html by extension. That is interesting.
LarrySabo

Post by LarrySabo »

lcoughey wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:00 pmI didn't realize that you could filter snap2html by extension. That is interesting.
Yes, (for DFL) just put ".bad" in the search box at the top-right of the file-list and it filters the list and shows the paths to those files as well. Handy!