APFS File Recovery

Got a data recovery situation and have a question? This is where to ask.
fjonker

APFS File Recovery

Post by fjonker »

Hi Luke and others,

I hope things are going well Luke, I have a quick question... have you had any success with file recovery from damaged APFS partitions? I have a Mac with a good drive that was borked by good old BootCamp Assistant. Trying to retrieve a few files before I nuke and reinstall.

I have R-Studio (no APFS support)
UFS Explorer (keeps crashing on the Mac and doesn't seem to see APFS drives even though technically it says it does?)
R-Explorer? (btw how is this related to the UFS Explorer product? Looks like newer version of UFS Explorer?)
M3 / iBoySoft APFS recovery (Chinese company ... seems to find files..)
https://www.m3datarecovery.com/mac-data ... overy.html

Fernand
lcoughey
Site Admin

Re: APFS File Recovery

Post by lcoughey »

APFS support is still a work in progress by software developers. We have been able to recover all APFS cases, thus far. It gets particularly tricky when encryption is also enabled.

You can send it out for recovery or, at the very least, keep the clone around until you can figure it out.
fjonker

Post by fjonker »

Thanks Luke... I managed to get the necessary files back after trying quite a few solutions... the ones that worked best were EaseUS and M3 Data Recovery... EaseUS was the best as M3 indicated that files were recoverable but the restored files were corrupt.
lolihondawko

Post by lolihondawko »

I was not helped by this program. What I just did not try to do about it. I just can not take it and clean it, I have so much information there. Whatever you do, avoid a data recovery lab called Salvage Data.