Did I say something wrong?

Got a data recovery situation and have a question? This is where to ask.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Did I say something wrong?

Post by lcoughey »

Name: Jon
Date: 4/19/2016
Email: email@notyet.com
Phone: 555-555-5555
Company: -
Initial Page: https://www.recoveryforce.com/data-reco ... -recovery/
Referer: https://www.google.ca/
Operator: Luke
Jon 3:54 PM
iPhone Data Recovery
Jon 3:54 PM
joined the chat
Luke 3:55 PM
joined the chat
Luke 3:56 PM
What is your question?
Jon 3:58 PM
Hello!
I'm trying to backup my iPhone which is currently in a troubled state.
I have already go a brand new phone but there are photo's on my old iPhone that are very important to me.
Luke 4:01 PM
As we have had little success with most iPhone recoveries due to the phone's limitations of interfacing via iTunes and the built in security, we have been working to phase out this service. However, if the data on your phone is worth $350 and you wish for us to give it a try, we are willing to do so.
To start the process of getting an in-lab assessment, go to our support site - http://support.recoveryforce.net/ to create an account and a ticket. After your ticket has been created, get your drive to our lab in Guelph for the assessment.
You may also prefer to just google for iPhone data recovery programs and see if any of them will work.
Jon 4:02 PM
So the phone that is broken; the screen will not turn on, the power / data cable is also mostly broken
I've downloaded every trial software known to the internet regarding data recovery on the iphone. Most claim they can do the backup and get photo's, however some just can't or don't support getting photo's / video's off the iPhone 5S
Luke 4:03 PM
okay...then you need to take it to a cell phone repair shop to get the phone repaired.
You cannot do software recovery from a broken phone.
Jon 4:04 PM
Wow, you guys are kind of pompous #$@#$ hey? Go !#@$# yourself and your $350 Luke. I would pay double the price if the customer support was actually geared towards supporting the customer. Maybe you won't be such a prick to the next customer!
Jon 4:04 PM
left the chat
RolandJS
Lurker

Re: Did I say something wrong?

Post by RolandJS »

lcoughey, the OP said something wrong. I do not know the similarities and differences between iPhone and my Samsung Galaxy Tab A, so I can only relate to what I own:
Using Smart Switch, I have been able to make a pretty good restorable backup of the contents of said TabA.
I have been able to usb-cable-connect to my laptop and copy off necessary folders and files. And, having added a microSD card has made things easier to copy stuff on and copy stuff off.
My points: Can an iPhone be similarly routinely backed up? Can copy-operations to/from laptop or desktop be done easily on a microSD card inside of an iPhone?
"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee." Ben Franklin revisited