Hot Air Soldering Station

A place to discuss pretty much anything related to storage, computers, data recovery or technology.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Hot Air Soldering Station

Post by lcoughey »

I found a great deal on a hot air soldering station on ebay. I even received it less than 24 hours after ordering it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/853D-3in1-Solde ... 0102.m2452

I've yet to play with it, but it looks pretty good, thus far.
Blizzard
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Re: Hot Air Soldering Station

Post by Blizzard »

Could be a great find, If it functions as good as it looks.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

Thus far, it seems to work pretty good. Considering the price, it has already paid for itself.
Minho

Post by Minho »

You can quickly spend a lot of cash on hot air rework stations. Depending on your usage, it may or may not be worthwhile to plunk down thousands of dollars. However, the cheap china models are really not that good, especially if you want to work on larger IC's like NAND BGA's. The main problem is you never really know how much heat these units are delivering, repairs and spare parts are spotty at best and often times, they are wired internally in such a way that they could cause a fire or downright electrocute you.

For those that are budget conscious, I highly recommend the Quick 861DW. It's available from numerous sources and while it is more expensive than the unit Luke linked, it is much better quality and still (relatively) affordable.