Google Play Music - Family Plan

A place to discuss pretty much anything related to storage, computers, data recovery or technology.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Google Play Music - Family Plan

Post by lcoughey »

I've been a pretty loyal Google client, using the now called G-Suite for my business. I've been using google play music with ads for a while and thought it would be nice to get the paid version, giving me the ability to make my own play lists as well as setup a family plan where my wife and kids could also use the service for $15/month.

However, I recently discovered that if your email is based on the paid or unpaid versions of the G-Suite for business, you do not qualify for the family plan. So, basically, because I'm a paying client of Google, I'm not entitled to pay for the family plan as an add-on. But, for those who are just using the free gmail account, they do qualify.

At the end of the day, it makes absolutely no sense to me why they would prevent their loyal paying clients from paying for extra services. To remedy this, I cancelled my Google Play Music trial, removed their app from my phone and just registered for the Spotify family plan for $15/month. I guess the main thing I'll be missing is the ability to control Spotify with my voice, like I did with Google Play Music.