Trend Micro Office Scan

A place to discuss pretty much anything related to storage, computers, data recovery or technology.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Trend Micro Office Scan

Post by lcoughey »

Last week I did a few updates and tweaks to our Trend Micro server settings, just to be sure that we aren't vulnerable to a crypto-virus attack. However, it seems that I might have done too good of a job tightening up. Since then, our data recovery programs have been suddenly shutting down and the executable file disappears. It didn't happen regularly enough to realize that it was a problem until yesterday when we looked at the logs to see what was happening.

Apparently, Trend Micro was watching the data being recovered and if it saw anything that looked to remotely suspicious in the client data, it shut us down, so to speak, without a pop-up message to let us know what was going on. It is probably better that way, but annoying, just the same.

After it killed a flash recovery project that I've been working on for 2 weeks, I decided I had better deal with it sooner than later. Although it was tempting to soften the security, I've taken on the task to manually add each program to a list of exceptions.
Munawar84

Re: Trend Micro Office Scan

Post by Munawar84 »

Can't you go to the previous version of before updating??
lcoughey
Site Admin

Re: Trend Micro Office Scan

Post by lcoughey »

Munawar84 wrote:Can't you go to the previous version of before updating??
What do you mean? This comment really makes no sense.