what is the use of Data Recovery?

A place to discuss pretty much anything related to storage, computers, data recovery or technology.
jason

what is the use of Data Recovery?

Post by jason »

I noticed the hard drive starting to sound funny and the computer eventually crashed. I ended up taking the drive apart and I noticed the head on the actuator arm was damaged. I replaced the actuator arm but no luck. I then replaced the circuit board of the hard drive and no luck. The actuator arm would not stay on the platter. So, I decided to buy a new hard drive and put the platter of my bad hard drive into my new hard drive and when I turn it on, the actuator stays on the platter while spinning and hums along like it's supposed to. We are during warranty if the hard disk taken to recovery center, then also warranty can be claimed. We are complete data recovery services provider that specializes in recovering data from all storage media.

Web Source: [Link removed by moderator]
lcoughey
Site Admin

Re: what is the use of Data Recovery?

Post by lcoughey »

I'm quite confused about this post. Ignoring the very poor English, it looks like a blog of a 14 year old who got lucky with the recovery of his hard drive.
Jared
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Post by Jared »

Exactly what I was thinking. Why would you change heads first, then try replacing the PCB? Seems to be the opposite order of events. And there's really no reason to ever platter swap unless the motor is unable to spin up, so that's makes no sense either. Did you even get the data back? This sounds like a failure story to me.
Munawar84

Post by Munawar84 »

In your title you questioned about use of data recovery but after reading your details I don't understand what is the relation between your question and details.
George

Post by George »

I don't understand :D / it was an advertisement