Gotta give credit where credit is due

Discuss various data recovery programs made by Stellar Info
lcoughey
Site Admin

Gotta give credit where credit is due

Post by lcoughey »

If I'm being honest, I have to admit that I've been pretty hard on Stellar over the past few years. On top of my issues where every recovery program of theirs that I have tried, up to now, generally shows good results in the demo, but after I purchase the program and spend a day or two fighting to get the license to work, the recovery results end up being a bust.

On top of bad past experiences with their software being sub par, I've also been greatly annoyed with people constantly spamming my forum, trying to promote various Stellar data recovery programs.

This past week, I thought I blew money onto another one of their products and was about to let a client down. I had tried the demo product of both Stellar and a competing product by Kernel. In this case, the Kernel data recovery program wouldn't even allow me to scan the clone, let alone find the HTFS file system while Stellar didn't even need to scan the drive. But, when I went to activate, their system didn't work and all the numbers provided by their application were not in service and even the toll free number on their site didn't work. It was only after starting an online chat was I able to get phone numbers that worked and after an hour on the phone, we were in business and all the client's data was recovered.

So, there you have it. I can verify that at least one Stellar data recovery program works as advertised.

I'm not ready to endorse the company yet. But, I am a little warmer to them today than I was last week.

Here are the working contact numbers that were provided to me via the online chat:

USA: 1-732-584-2700
UK: +44-203-026-5337
Australia &APAC: +61-280149899
Worldwide: +91-124-4326777
Netherlands: +31-208-111-188
Germany: +49-40-209324438
Blizzard
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Re: Gotta give credit where credit is due

Post by Blizzard »

More credit where credit is due. This week I had to convert a 17GB OST to PST. After trying "OST2" by 4Team and then "OST File Recovery" by SysInfoTools I ended up using Stellar OST to PST Converter. The first two programs just choked and left the building, leaving behind only a Windows message that a program has stopped working. As far as payment and license, it was handled through Element5 (Digital River) with no issues and the product registration went without a hitch. Job done.
Jared
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Post by Jared »

So their products aren't all complete crap then, it's just their terrible way of marketing by trying to relentlessly recommend their software on threads they create themselves pretending to ask for help.
Joep
Official Product Rep

Post by Joep »

Have you looked at the latest version of Easy Recovery? It's the exact same as Stellar's Windows product. I plugged in a Stellar serial into Easy Recovery and voila, registered.
http://www.disktuna.com - video & photo repair & recovery service
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

Joep wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:00 pm Have you looked at the latest version of Easy Recovery? It's the exact same as Stellar's Windows product. I plugged in a Stellar serial into Easy Recovery and voila, registered.
That is hilarious, but really not much of a surprise.