RapidSpar - More Features to Come

Discuss RapidSpar Imager - http://www.rapidpar.com/
lcoughey
Site Admin

RapidSpar - More Features to Come

Post by lcoughey »

I've been informed that within the next year, there will be a v2.0 update to RapidSpar adding new features.
  • Adding head mapping
  • Retry sectors that failed from read timeouts
  • Support for some SATA SSD firmware fixes
  • Other new feature surprises
Jared
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Re: RapidSpar - More Features to Come

Post by Jared »

The SSD firmware fixes alone might make it worth the investment. I honestly think they might need to raise the price if they're going to start adding so many features. I might even buy one for that purpose.
mvcercal

Post by mvcercal »

Hello Luke, Jared and others,

I'm thinking about the RapidSpar , if they improve only the head map ... i will purchase. Also, the main idea behind this is awesome ( nebula, "autoset", "online" simple firmware repair, etc ).

Today i'm using for copy purpose the MRT ( Ultra and Express ) , SD DC, DFL-DE, Ninja F and a old PC3k PCI.

Other interesant tool is the Psiclone, i had one here , but is needing repair ( a executable for firmware ). I ask to CPRtools and they helped.

But, as a say, i'm really thinking about RapidSpar to this year.

Regards

Marcus
infotechrepairs

Post by infotechrepairs »

They also are working right now to a first downpayment for a RapidSpar and then a monthly fee until you pay your unit totally. If you don't pay they can disable it and you cant use your RapidSpar. The Unit has to be connected to a Computer with Internet Always Active or the unit will not came active to use it. Thats the method they are going to use on the monthly based contract. I'm waiting for my New Contract Right Now but until they don't have it working with the Heds Maps and the other New Options they cant sent to me the Contract for Downpayment and My Personal Information. If anyone is interested on this I can tell you as soon as they sent my Contract so you can Request Yours if you cant pay the whole unit at once.

BRs,

Luis Daniel
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

The update has come out and I've been playing with it for a couple days. Before the update, the lack of being able to re-read skipped/bad sectors prevented it from being useful for me at my data recovery lab. It was still a very powerful tool for computer techs, but just did not have enough control needed for professional data recovery.

Now, with the update, it is now a viable option to be used as an imager within the walls of a professional data recovery lab. It certainly doesn't have the control and flexibility as its big brother, DeepSpar Disk Imager or the PC3000 Data Extactor, but it is more than enough to get the job done.