Feature Requests

Discuss R-Studio and other products by R-TT
lcoughey
Site Admin

Feature Requests

Post by lcoughey »

Rather than post my desired feature requests to other forums, I figured I'd post my list here, editing it as new features are released and new request ideas come to mind:
  • APFS -> this feature has been added to the Windows version and the other versions tend to follow soon
  • XFS
  • VMFS
  • VMDK (ability to access as a drive, scan and recover data from within)
  • Ability to filter files based on recoverability determined by the DeepSpar sector map
  • EXT2/3/4 - an option for quick root access without taking an hour or two to load full directory tree
  • When copying to destination is set to skip files that already exist, it would be nice to have the option to choose whether R-Studio unmarks or leaves the selection of the skipped file
Alt-RTT
Official Product Rep

Re: Feature Requests

Post by Alt-RTT »

Thank you for the suggestions. I've passed them to our developers.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

Just to let you know, this list is ongoing and I will edit the OP as things are added and more ideas come to mind.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

Thanks for adding APFS support!
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

If we can't have R-Studio filter search results based on the DeepSpar image mage, is it possible to have R-Studio search and filter based on the contents of a file? That is, DeepSpar and RapidSpar fill an unreadable sectors with <unreadable>. Other cloning programs allow the user to fill unreadable sectors with their own patterns. If we could search and select files that do or don't contain that pattern, we could easily save the good and damaged files into two different folders. This would eliminate the need for third party programs to scan through the recovered files and generate reports of the good and damaged files, based on the same methods.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

More than a year later and the only thing added from my list is APFS support. There have been other things added, but nothing else from my list, particularly these:

- still deathly slow to load EXT file trees
- still unable to do anything with DeepSpar bitmap data
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

...seriously, though. It is counting up and is already to 6 hours to load what should be a healthy EXT3 file structure from a 8TB partition on a 4 drive RAID 5 volume...though, that is better than R-Explorer instantly loading an empty partition, I suppose.

Edit: The case I'm looking at is being looked at remotely. They were running version 8.0. Trying with my portable copy of 8.9 is significantly faster, yet still deathly slow with only 5% of the way on the progress bar and the time counting up at 1h24m, thus far.