MRT Review - Tech Support

Discuss data recovery tools made by MRT Lab (http://en.mrtlab.com)
lcoughey
Site Admin

MRT Review - Tech Support

Post by lcoughey »

- On January 17 I renewed my license for another month so I could continue my testing of the demo unit they sent me
- January 18th @ 9:01am (my time) I sent a direct message to tech support
now that I'm back to testing, still having issues with seeing the destination drive in the list of destination drives when trying to clone
I was able to do 1 of 2 projects yesterday.
- January 18th @ 8:16pm (my time) tech support responds
that is to say, still can not see the target disk in the list of destination disks in one case, am I right?
January 19th @ 8:20am (my time) I respond to tech support
On Windows 10-64, I was only able to see the destination drive in the target list only once or twice, never when I actually wanted to image a drive.
When downgraded to Win7 64, it worked for a few blank drive tests, but now that I tried two actual real life cases, only 1 of the 2 worked.
Since then, they've had 2 weeks holiday and are now 2 full week days back to work and not a single response. I've got 10 days left to my 30 day activation and have once again, not been able to get any tech support for this unit.

There was, for MRT, quite a bit of user activity on the forum over the past couple weeks and after 2 full days back to work, not a single MRT response to a single post.

From what I can tell, MRT could have potential as being a good tool to for newcomers to data recovery who aren't able to afford jumping in with both feet and buying PC3000. However, the huge lack of tech support and forum communication, I honestly can't see how a newcomer could ever figure out how to use safely use the system on an actual client's drive.
pclab
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Re: MRT Review - Tech Support

Post by pclab »

Hi

Exactly as you say...
No answers from them, take ages for bug repair...

For a PC3000 user, it might work, because we already have the notion of things.
It could be a very interesting piece of hardware, but working like this is not very promising .
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

It does strike me as odd that a full week back from holiday and not even a single post to even acknowledge that they are back. If they are overwhelmed with support requests, they could at least take the 2 minutes to post it on the forum and let the members know when they plan to respond to their questions.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

My month's use has expired and I still haven't had a response from MRT tech support.