MRT Review - More testing, more issues

Discuss data recovery tools made by MRT Lab (http://en.mrtlab.com)
lcoughey
Site Admin

MRT Review - More testing, more issues

Post by lcoughey »

I paid to recharge my license yesterday so that I could play with this system today.

1. Re-activate System Not working
- this was due to a well overdue update to the vip site that handles the license renewals
- when it came back online, they MRT software was able to recognize that the license had been recharged without having to copy and paste keys between the website...a definite improvement

2. Western Digital ROM
- tried to save the ROM from a Western Digital drive today, saved with an error (seemed odd seeing that there were no issues with PC3K)
- tried to write the ROM to a donor Western Digital PCB with a bricked ROM, but could not do so via terminal, as I would do with PC3K
- after wasting 30 minutes with MRT, moved over to PC3K and was able to do it within 2 minutes and was able to get the drive working

3. Data Explorer Not Seeing Destination Drive
- got the Western Digital drive mirroring channel 0 drive-to-drive to a SATA connected destination drive without any issues
- started a second instance of MRT for channel 1 with the plan to mirror a Seagate drive to another SATA attached destination drive, but once again, the system will only show the destination drive in the source drive list and not the destination drive list. So, moved it over to DDI and mirroring without any issues

Another thing I'm noticing with this system is that a lot of users in their forum are getting frustrated with the lack of support on the forum. It does seem like it is weeks between posts by MRT staff and the posts are usually vague or non comprehensible.
MRTLab
Official Product Rep

Re: More testing, more issues

Post by MRTLab »

hello , this is from MRT.
For your question, we 'd like to say something.
1. We are sorry about the late reply because of the time difference. When we ship this card to you for test, we inform you that if you have any question about it, please contact the technical support directly. It will be faster to get reply.
2.It is true that the forum is not active. Most users choose to contact technical support directly.
3. At the begining we give you one month to test this card , and give another half month later for free. It seems that the test is slow because the lack of communication, so you paid twice to get more time to test. We appreciate your effort during the test, and hope it goes better.
4.The usercenter system . We are updating it to make it easier for users to renew their MRT tool. Thanks for your patience and suggestion.
MRT Express&Ultra, Professional Data Recovery Tools
MRT can support Seagate F3 Head/Zone shielding
http://en.mrtlab.com/contact-us
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

Direct communication with Tech support only works if there is an overlap of working hours, which there is not right now. When a question is posted on the forum, not only does the answer help me, it helps everyone else who might have the same question at the same time or sometime in the future. It also helps that I might get an answer from other users within minutes.

As MRT grows and starts to expand into markets outside their time zone, they will have to adjust their tech support hours in order to accommodate those markets. It is one thing that ACE Laboratories had to do fairly quickly when they took over the North American support from DeepSpar several years ago.

I know that there are quite a few people awaiting my review in order to make a decision on an MRT purchase. Part of their concern is how good tech support will be here in North America, as none of them want another Salvation Data experience.
jenny

Post by jenny »

Sometimes we need to write ROM image to PCB.
MRT Not there is a way to work with ROM using a new special mode Boot ROM.
i wait update
Regards
Data recovery Center in Vietnam
Invited to visit : http://www.cuudulieu116.com
My Facebook is : https://www.facebook.com/cuudulieuocung.org