Is Data Recovery A Booming Industry?

Discuss data recovery tools made by MRT Lab (http://en.mrtlab.com)
MRTLab
Official Product Rep

Is Data Recovery A Booming Industry?

Post by MRTLab »

Is Data Recovery A Booming Industry? What's your point of view?
MRT Express&Ultra, Professional Data Recovery Tools
MRT can support Seagate F3 Head/Zone shielding
http://en.mrtlab.com/contact-us
lcoughey
Site Admin

Re: Is Data Recovery A Booming Industry?

Post by lcoughey »

I don't think the volume of work is growing at the same rate as the volume of labs that are popping up all over the place, many of whom have no clue what they are doing.
MRTLab
Official Product Rep

Post by MRTLab »

lcoughey wrote:I don't think the volume of work is growing at the same rate as the volume of labs that are popping up all over the place, many of whom have no clue what they are doing.
Nowadays, either data recovery developers or users are facing increasingly great competition and pressure.

For developers, there's more and more similar tools to compete with. That is good news for users who now have more tools to choose from and can get a tool in lower price. All of these contribute to the decreased threshold of data recovery industry, while at the same time, widen the gap among data recovery practitioners.

Data recovery industry changes so fast that only those who master the technology and who are good at business can survive.

I am Sandy from MRTLab. I'm a newcomer. Nice to meet you!
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

The problem with the lower cost tools is that they look to be cheap knock-offs of PC3000.

There was one company who claimed that their system was as good or better than PC3000, yet had absolutely no reputable lab reviews. I had offered to review their product and compare to PC3000 if they'd send me something to play with for a month or two. They had agreed, but more than a year later, I have nothing and know of nobody who uses their product.

I don't know much about your tools...other than that you seem to have gone overboard in trying to copy PC3000, rather than make a product of your own. If you'd like to send me a card, I'd be happy to try and do some side-by-side comparisons.
MRTLab
Official Product Rep

Post by MRTLab »

This is from MRT Lab. MRT Lab provides profesional data recovery and hdd repair tools for Chinese and overseas users. our products are sold to many country such as Pakistan, India, and Iran. We appreciate your expertise in data recovery and I can try to apply for one set of MRT tools for you to have a test. Please let me know if you are interested. May I have you Skype or E-mail so we can discuss it? My skype is: info@mrtlab.com. or you can send me a e-mail:sales@mrtlab.com
carlos0218

Post by carlos0218 »

I think it's becoming a booming industry, but most of the boom I think is coming from companies that help backup data in the cases of a disaster causing you to lose your data in the first place. Here's an article on [Link removed by moderator] that talks about the point I'm making.

Clear Technologies are spammers. I don't recommend ever using their services.
Jared
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Post by Jared »

lcoughey wrote:The problem with the lower cost tools is that they look to be cheap knock-offs of PC3000.

There was one company who claimed that their system was as good or better than PC3000, yet had absolutely no reputable lab reviews. I had offered to review their product and compare to PC3000 if they'd send me something to play with for a month or two. They had agreed, but more than a year later, I have nothing and know of nobody who uses their product.

I don't know much about your tools...other than that you seem to have gone overboard in trying to copy PC3000, rather than make a product of your own. If you'd like to send me a card, I'd be happy to try and do some side-by-side comparisons.
Let me guess, you're talking about F.L.A.M.E. system? They promised my company a unit to review too, but it never showed up.