PC3000 Data Extractor

Ace Laboratory's PC3000 and Data Extractor - http://www.acelaboratory.com/
lcoughey
Site Admin

PC3000 Data Extractor

Post by lcoughey »

The more I use Data Extractor, the more I start to like it. Although my DeepSpar Disk Imager has a lot more control over the imaging process, it is very rare that I'm able to read more than 100% of the drive.
DE.jpg
DE.jpg (170.96 KiB) Viewed 6889 times
lcoughey
Site Admin

Re: PC3000 Data Extractor

Post by lcoughey »

That task actually completed at 109%, if anyone cares.
Jared
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Post by Jared »

Maybe PC-3000 has finally figured out how to recover data that's been overwritten, so it's actually getting back more than the drive's capacity. :lol:
LarrySabo
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Post by LarrySabo »

Maybe they're double-counting cross-linked files. :)
fraser.corrance

Post by fraser.corrance »

Maybe he has discovered the 4th dimension of data recovery?

Out of curiosity was the total size for the recovered data more than the size of the partition you were recovering?

I came across something like this the other day while recovering data from an old iPod using R-studio. I was able to recover 91 Gb of data from an 80 Gb hard drive. Turns out it recovered fragments of deleted files but reported them as being their original size.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

fraser.corrance wrote:Maybe he has discovered the 4th dimension of data recovery?

Out of curiosity was the total size for the recovered data more than the size of the partition you were recovering?

I came across something like this the other day while recovering data from an old iPod using R-studio. I was able to recover 91 Gb of data from an 80 Gb hard drive. Turns out it recovered fragments of deleted files but reported them as being their original size.
Cloning sector-by-sector is different than logical file recovery. With logical file recovery, you can find false positives, duplicate file records and incorrect file sizes. Meanwhile, with a sector-by-sector clone, you can copy no more than the maximum number of sectors. So, if there are 50 sectors on the source, you cannot mirror 51.