BlackBerry Z10 Device Wipe

lcoughey
Site Admin

BlackBerry Z10 Device Wipe

Post by lcoughey »

This is not so much about data recovery, rather BlackBerry 10 device recovery. But, worth noting my experience for others who waste almost a week trying to get a fresh start.

Ran the security wipe from within BlackBerry 10 and it got stuck at 98% after 2 days. Removed the battery, it restarted the wipe process and it was stuck at 99% after 4 days.

Connected to BlackBerry Link (on Windows) and started a "Reload Device Software" which got the device out of the wipe loop, but resulted in an error 0015, which kept looping with a device restart from BlackBerry Link trying to start the install.

Pulled the battery another time, it came up to the error 0015 again, but this time, when I initiated the "Reload Device Software," BlackBerry Link detected the device and started the install.

I've used the Security Wipe dozens of times in the past and have never encountered this issue. At least I know how to handle it the next time. Hope this helps someone out.
Jared
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Re: BlackBerry Z10 Device Wipe

Post by Jared »

Don't worry, soon your beloved Blackberry's will all be running Android and you'll be able to hack them all sorts of ways. Even flash your own custom ROM images to them. Plus you'll get the confidence of knowing that Google (AKA - Big Brother) is looking over your shoulder and backing up all your data for you without even asking. :D
lcoughey
Site Admin

Re: BlackBerry Z10 Device Wipe

Post by lcoughey »

Almost 2 years later, having both used the BlackBerry PRIV and now using the KEYone, I can assure you, there is no backdoor rooting Android on BlackBerry.