Seagate DM Series Drives

Discuss Seagate hard drives, their issues and data recovery.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Seagate DM Series Drives

Post by lcoughey »

Although we still get unrecoverable DM series drives, I'm finding that we are getting better results when recovering data from these drives.
Jared
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Re: Seagate DM Series Drives

Post by Jared »

Good, I'm going to send all of mine to you from now on instead of pulling my hair out dealing with these nightmares.

I think it really just comes down to inconsistent manufacturing and quality control on the part of Seagate. The density of modern drives makes the data too small to be able to handle the variations in how the parts are built.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

Jared wrote:Good, I'm going to send all of mine to you from now on instead of pulling my hair out dealing with these nightmares.

I think it really just comes down to inconsistent manufacturing and quality control on the part of Seagate. The density of modern drives makes the data too small to be able to handle the variations in how the parts are built.
It has been a while, I bet you are getting better at handling these Seagate DM series drives now, too. Right?
Jared
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Post by Jared »

Yes, now I'm actually starting to really like these drives. I think early on a lot of us were mis-diagnosing their issues as head failures. I've rarely had to change heads on them lately as most are media cache issues and easy to fix with current understanding.