Western Digital WD2500JS-40TGB0 HAWK2 Data Recovery

Discuss Western Digital hard drives, their issues and data recovery.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Western Digital WD2500JS-40TGB0 HAWK2 Data Recovery

Post by lcoughey »

Model: WD2500JS-40TGB0
Client Symptoms: System not booting
Previous Recovery Attempts: Various Mac OS and Linux boot CDs to read data. One computer store even said that they could recover files for $80, without seeing the drive.
Recovery Force Diagnosis: Drive has media damage, firmware damage and file system damage

In order to gain access to the LBA sectors of the drive, our team needed to fix the damaged firmware modules. Once the firmware was fixed our team could clone the drive, reading through most of the bad sectors. All in all, looks to be another 99.99% success for $350 by the Recovery Force team.
pclab
Official Data Recovery Lab Representative

Re: Western Digital WD2500JS-40TGB0 HAWK2 Data Recovery

Post by pclab »

Good work.
lcoughey
Site Admin

Post by lcoughey »

Thanks...sometimes the older jobs are the hardest as we don't see them as often any more.
aliaster022

Post by aliaster022 »

I am a spammer for SysInfoTools who doesn't even take the time to read the post before posting spammy links to my company website. Neither is the advice I give relevant to the original post, the software I recommend is garbage.

"The removable media data recovery is a perfect tool for for recovering your hard drive data. You could look out for this smart tool and get great results
[Link Removed]"